The Academy Mission statement is to: ‘Be the best’
• Develop and recruit young and hungry players who with our football education understand the Club DNA and are capable of meeting the demands of playing at the very highest level.
• Identify, recruit, retain and reward the best possible Academy staff that have the necessary skills to assist in the development of the Academy players through each development phase.
• Create a professional inclusive environment that in turn allows us to attract, retain and develop our players.
• To inspire and develop a support service that includes coaching, medical, sports science and education and continually strives to improve standards through a dynamic, hardworking and solution led approach.
• Ensure players highlighted by internal assessment and as having the potential to progress as part of the club succession plan remain signed at Scunthorpe United.
• Continually improve our processes of player support to maximise player potential and future development.
• In addition to helping young players enhance their football ability, we will also educate them on aspects of fitness, nutrition and health issues.
• Ensure that all young players’ associated with the Academy acquire good values and standards, which will remain with them throughout their lives, irrespective of their ultimate achievements as football players’.
• To develop excellent working relationships with players and parents and to be approachable, open and honest.
• To develop excellent working relationships with the schools of the players and to relay all relevant information.
• To have the best Category 3 provision in place to enable the Academy players and staff to work in a professional environment.
• Create clear, appropriate and strategic development pathways to maximise the opportunity for young players to succeed
• Develop young players who are hardworking, respectful and disciplined in their approach to life through an integrated and multidisciplinary approach.
• Prepare, practice and perform in facilities that inspire individuals to achieve their full potential.